Friday 28 November 2008

'Reflection' and 'Experimentation'.....

I didnt do it did i? was going to shock you all by acheiving 4 posts in as many days....and I didnt manage it!!!

I had intended to post some 'Reflection' cards last night..... but I got a bit carried away playing about with the artwork for the Woodland Elves......(more about those later...)

Here are the cards I should have added last night......

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but this was actually my least favourite image when I designed the Winter Elves.....and I was suprised when she became the most popular stamp!

I think I'm finally starting to see what you are all seeing, and i'm using her for all my girly chrimbo cards......!!

The first is coloured with promarkers, mounted onto two circles cut with my xcut....Papers DCWV rose tinted christmas, making memories ribbon and a punched snowflake.

For the second I had a point to prove to my hubby..... He's been complaining that he spent nearly £30 on colouring pencils that I never use... and he says I could have got the same effect with 99p ones from the supermarket..... well I think not!! so I've given my promarkers a well deserved rest and had a play with my pencils.... these are blendable colouring pencils from derwent.... and I'm really pleased with how they colour... I'm not sure super market jobbies could measure up... and hubby has agreed....1 to me!!!

I've added a few highlights with fineliners, which I also used to write the sentiment. The bottom of the card has been embossed with a cuttlebug folder and rubbed down with sandpaper, you can't really see it on the pic, but it feels amazing!!

Lace , ribbon, flower and button from stash... and thats about it.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Experimentation

After I posted the sneek peeks of the new stamps last night, I couldn't resist having a bit of a mess about with the images....

I printed some of the artwork off, and got out my special (much better than 99p jobbies) pencils...

And had a play about with colouring and layering....

These have been printed at roughly the size of the finished stamps..... so it gave me a good idea of how the images can be used together.....

These aren't officially named yet so I can't tell you which i've used, but I've layered 3 different images, the sitting couple, the tree and the small bird...

if you look closely it is a little messy, as i roughly cut the images just to get an idea of sizing... but you get the idea...


Just added some little beads to the tree, and a bit of ribbon, The sentiment is hand written.

I do have more little 'fairytale' scenes in mind, but I won't show you yet, because I think i've teased you enough....

Have a fab evening!!!

Paula xx

13 comments:

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Paula and I'm loving your new stamp design, and can't wait from you to start selling them hugs Jill x

Unknown said...

OMG yeeepeee more stamps, and i love them. When can we get our mits onto them?
I feel as though ive missed 3 months worth of bloggin not a week, so much is going on. Its taken me alot longer to get better than i thought and im back in for a minor op on monday so wont be bloggin normally for another week. cant wait for these babies to come out
love emma xxxx

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

OHH this is not fair!! I WANT THOSE IMAGES AS WELL!!! I am a sweet girlie and I will do the images justice ;)I promise it!! ;) soo comeonnn send them over you know the addy ;) haahahhahaa

I love my derwent pencils to pieces but I seem to work more with the watercolour pencils maybe they are closer by at my workspace ;) hahaha

Gorgeouss cards Paula and now send me those images ;) I wanna play with them as welllllll hmmmm I already know which challenge I would like to join with them :) hahahaah i am sick!!! i have to admit it ;)

hugs Ria

Becky said...

Oh wow Paula! Your cards are so amazing! I love the scene you've created with the new images! I hope you gave this card to your husband to proove that the pencils were a good investment!! I just love reflection's face and her big boots, she is sooo cute!!
Love Becky xx

Pop's Cards said...

Wow hun i dont know what to say!!!!

Gorgeous and really nicely coloured, well done you hugs Pops x x x

Emma said...

Wow fantastic cards...love them both.
The new images look amazing...best get saving some pennies.
Emma x

Sandra said...

Wow!! I love all your cards and drawings... can't wait for the new elves to magic their way to us. Fabulous!
Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Sue said...

Oh wow, Paula i love all of these cards they are all amazing and i am so loooking forward to them being released.Your colouring looks fab in them all,i love my faber castell polychromos and my prismas both blended with oil,i have been tempted with promarkers but thinks i will stick with what i enjoy using.So... come on and get em released paula, I NEED these little beauties :-)


Sue
xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Gorgeous cards Paula, im excited about the release of the new stamps. hugs Linda x

crafty amy said...

These are such cute cards I am so excited about the new stamps. The dew drops on the tree are a brilliant touch

X Amy X

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

lovely cards and I too love your new stamp designs perhaps I may get some for my birthday if I give a hint to hubby lol keep up the good work ju x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Paula!!!
I LUVVVVVVVVVV these new stamps,wow!!! I'm saving my pennies to get them all :o)x

Annie said...

I found you Paula! and now you are on my blog roll I shall be keeping an eye out for the elves! Love the cards you have made and the new designs are fabulous. hugs, annie x