Monday 15 August 2011

Pollycraft Challenge 106 'distressing'

Good moaning... (went a bit 'allo allo' there!)

Hope you've all had a good weekend? I think I blinked and missed it... I'm still convinced its not really Monday!

Well... today we have a new challenge for you over at the Pollycraft challenge...
Maria has chosen....
Distressing!

let me tell ya! I think I could have posted ANYTHING and qualified for this, as it definately caused me some distress!!!

I'm just not good at distressing!! and thats the end of it!

So, after a Sonny card, and a rocking horse card.... (which both went in the bin)
I ended up with a robot card...
(and YES!!! the edges ARE distressed!! just not much ;))


This fella is Tin rose... from the critters and cogs range....
I've coloured him with promarkers...
The papers are DCWV and (?)
I've added a little heart button to his chest, just cos, I felt the card needed something!
I tucked two stamped brackets behind the circle to add a bit of interest...
 (this is from the greeting farm spotlight set)
The sentiment has been created using 2 different stamps
(only stamping individual words, to create a different sentiment... LOVE this!)
the 'Love' is from the Critters and Cogs set.. and the 'you' is from the greeting farm spotlight set...

Some enamel accents, a bit of fabric and doodling.... and thats it!

Thanks for visiting today!!

Paula xxx

8 comments:

Pami said...

This is very cute Paula and perfectly distressed! Pami x

Lou Mac said...

For someone who hated the challenge - you've nailed it!! LOVE this card. The simple layout is perfect for this guy and your distressed and curled edges are just what was needed!!

xo

Maria Therese said...

Luve your card Hunni! Sorry for giving you this much distress.. feeling sorry for the bin- cards..

The Craft Bucket said...

I love it, well done. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Paula, love the image and your distressing looks fab to me! I am hopeless at it myself!
Helen x

Joey said...

Well I thinks you are qualified! this is gorgeous hun xx

Basslady said...

my goodness!

what a cool and brilliant card!

the image is so cool und your colouring smashing!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

ChickieChirps said...

This is great Paula! I love the kraft and the stamped brackets are a great idea! Lovely distressing!

Arabella